PROTECTING YOUR HOME
Some simple steps can help protect your family and home from the devastation of a fire.
- Ensure adequate smoke alarms are throughout your home.
- Keep a fire blanket within easy reach in your kitchen or around any open flames.
- Have a fire extinguisher handy in the kitchen (fire extinguishers expire, so check them regularly and replace when necessary.)
- Donâ€™t leave cooking unattended.
- Turn off heaters before going to bed or leaving the house.
- Clean the lint filter on your clothes dryer after each load.
- Donâ€™t leave electric blankets on for more than 30 minutes.